Welcome

The joy I have experienced creating my online store, Petulapoppy.com, is endless! I have met such amazing artists and seen many beautiful things I am excited to share with you.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thank You 2013!

The year is winding down, I, literally, have hours left in my 2013. It has been such a joyous year!
I had dreamed of Petula Poppy for a while but she really got underway less than a year ago.


I worked very hard to get my online store up and running and I researched a lot of avenues to take. I am really happy with Volusion and the support I get there.

After all, we all need help with something.  I know I could not have done it alone. I also appreciated the graphics help I got from my friend Siri. Check out her jewelry on Etsy.


I also had such a tremendously good time meeting and finding such creative artists.  They are all so dedicated to their crafts and each piece I have chosen for Petulapoppy.com has passed my tests!

What are my tests?
1. Is the Artist honest about their item being "handmade." I remember when I met Elizabeth Ngo (the creator of the amazing vintage button jewelry, see one of her bracelets below) and I saw her hands and I saw not just the hard work she puts into her pieces but her love for her craft.

2. Is the item made in the US. - Some people think I cannot tell. Ha!

3. Is the item quality and created with integrity.  I have yet to be unsatisfied with any of my artists.  When you love what you do you love what you create.

4. Is the customer service good.  I am a firm believer in GOOD customer service so I look for that in my artists as well.  It reflects their sense of pride and again passion in their art.

I am also so very thankful for my family and friends who supported me each and every step.

May 2014 be wonderful for you and yours,
Petula Poppy
(AKA - Jane Forrester)


No comments:

Post a Comment