Welcome

The joy I have experienced creating my online store, Petulapoppy.com, is endless! I have met such amazing artists and seen many beautiful things I am excited to share with you.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Life is a Bowl Full of Roses?

Swap Meets - love them

There seems to be many who claim to be the originators of this spectacle, Albert Lafarge, Russell Carrell, The French, The English and so on. I don't care who created it I was just glad to be there on Sunday at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA.



It was crowded and, as usual, I seem to only go when it is HOT!  I enjoyed every second of it. 

I like to find those special items but I also really enjoy talking to the Vendors.  I learn a lot and I admire how much effort goes into getting a booth set up and sitting there all day. I did that for years myself. It takes some sturdy stock I tell you.

I found some perfect gifts for my Mom for Christmas and an amazing leather cuff with quartz for myself.

But one of my real joys at the Swap Meet is finding all the unique, weird, wonderful and "where would ANYONE put that?" things people have out there to sell and buy.



Don Quixote on a fur covered Donkey - a must for any coffee table


She is pretty but creepy at the same time to me


Pretty sure I look like this in the morning - this piece was about 2 feet tall


Can't even imagine what these two would talk about


And then there was Nixon

So, I cannot wait to go back with my Best Friend (since we were 7). Now, that is something I would never swap.
Best!
Petula

No comments:

Post a Comment